Saturday, May 26, 2007

A Movie Review 55 years in the making!


AMC is running a John Wayne Marathon this weekend to commemorate the 100 anniversery of his birth and I just got to catch one of my favorites from him, The Quiet Man.

JW plays an ex boxer who "retires" to his family homestead in Ireland. There he meets and marries a local girl. And hilarity ensues.

I have seen this flick maybe 20 times and never get tired of it. Some great comical scenes in it as well as showing that even with a different culture and even in a different time people really aren't that different.

Maureen O' Hara(hubba, hubba) plays his wife. You can really believe she is a small town Irish woman.

I think what I like about this movie is it isn't your typical movie from the Duke. He doesn't shoot anyone!

So if you happen to see it in the movie rental shop or that it is on tv, I recommend it.

No comments: